Sunday, May 30, 2021

Mask








 Secure your mask before helping others

Confer, donate, to the impoverished if  you'd druthers


It's worth trying to think more about how you can help the truly needy

Who hast  zeal so speedy,

To those who suffer wrong

Left to their own devices are never weak but always strong

If I you'd druthers


Faces beshrouded 'neath a mask;

I can't  shun curiosity, and I wear a grinning mask."



Through life's hard task

 I did not ask

 Try finding out the man behind the mask

Because masks that hide, masks that reveal is a disagreeable, dreadful task


The whole world acting out a farce

All  turning into a farce

Promis'd which dwindled to a farce?

In the darkness sunlight became sparse

Spitting out filthy words

Under the influence of a silk purse



To protect you an' defend you

From cruelty, apathy, and wrong,

Someone to open each and every door,

I knocked loudly at each door 

When it's time someone will open the door

Hard times, hard times, come again no more.

I have been through nightmares before

The universe always responded when I needed your help,

Leading up to the right door 




Pretending to be what they truly are

You don't need to look too far

I gonna let ev'rybody see

Just what you are

Shining like a morning star

Let all discover so much less you are

Leaving us worse off than all think we are


Underneath the mask, some are more

Beautiful results will show

Like never before


Some are less 

As they profess


Than they imagine themselves to present

With the rudest bent

The thought, the mind, and the intent


Where there's a need to help

Unmasking, letting down the guard 

Makes you feel helpless, vulnerable,

Discoverable, uncomfortable


I am hearin' words unutterable

For every unjustest act

You can't go into flashback

Shunning duty

suddenly stop seeming interesting


Trouble is fibbing lead to death and trouble is never choosy

Becoming groovy

Is confusing me

Wicked tricks they put upon me

Myself said unto me:

"Look to thyself,

Take care of thyself,

For nobody cares for thee."



Everything suddenly stops seeming interesting

"For the roads are unending, 

And there is no place in my mind."



No comments:

Post a Comment