Saturday, February 13, 2021

Dancing with the rhythm of earthquakes of my life

 Not only yesterday's earthquake but all the earthquakes inspired me to write the verse. 




I recollect when I was recuperating after my kidney cancer Mum went to the nearest shop but she didn't feel anything but looking at the chaos, people running out of buildings realized an earthquake had struck! It was the infamous Nepal earthquake whose tremors Delhi experienced. She ran back to the rented house to unlock the door because she left locking the door so that I am not disturbed.

It was the time when the landlord handed a court notice to vacate when I was diagnosed with an optico-thalamic tumor in brain and kidney cancer. But we fought and partially recovered then left.


Why do I feel dizzy can anyone tell?

An ill-fated entry began the troublesome magic spell

Inheriting the courage and delight of mum

She is my only companion and I stick to her like bubble gum 

My entry to the planet was associated with shudders and trembles


The first tremor of the seismic event when I was sixteen days old! 

I faced without grumbling the first jolt!

Doctors said chances of my survival were bleak

I unwittingly didn't collapse because I wasn't weak



The memorable incident of the first tremor

Had no clue of aftershocks, we thought it's fate's mischievous humor 


Initial ones were imperceptible

In the landscape of life, others took it as a mild ripple

Mum's sharp eyes saw my timeline  was seismologically unstable

Massive quakes were unavoidable


The upper story started shaking the whole structure

To preserve the solidity of the defective manufacture

The extra extension which popped up was taken down


One solitary gleam of joy remains in this bubble of quietness

My life is packed with troubles with a haunting silence


As I staggered through the redressing procedure 

A crack ran along the way as the old ticker of my progenitor 

Commenced to stutter but he withstood

But he became lankier


Life briefly oscillated putting me in a precarious position

Leading to a Rescue Mission 

Along the fault line a savage slayer

Who thought himself to be important, seriously greater

Put a ticking bomb to trigger the mightiest of the tremors

While going to the emergency in pain, his swallowing gaze l remember 

Devilishly clever was his acts of killing and gaining power

With nausea and remorse, hope began to shimmer

Hindsight reminded his elaborate frills terms which acted as cover


The soulless creature tried to demolish me

Facing with glee

I beckoned destiny

Made a little plan to perturb him

By not dying but living again

It may be a win over his phantasmagoric violence of the monster



I was the unwanted interference but I went onwards in vitality

Despite the distinctly disquieting sensation under my feet 

Mum whose critical thinking and skills pulled me to my feet 

As I was almost tumbling myself, into a dust mound

Living in lousy  houses where landlords did hound

Clinging onto life, thinking about existence with no option of crying



Again got extensions hugging the lining of the upper story 

And entanglement of the cables as we were unwary



I am fighting that by steering myself, 

With her enormous courage balancing with mind and matter

Balancing with complacency, fear, concentrated cowardice, inertia, And cynicism, misanthropic bitterness, and indignation

A perfect recipe for demolition and annihilation.


We live in a realm where we can move things with our will and power 

Journey through the wilderness, unaware,

 Unconcerned about tomorrow, 

Battle with blight motivated by mum's might 

As she says. "Why fit in when you are born to stand out?"



Life starting with trouble didn't lead to a rubble

If you struggle without any grumble.







1 comment:

  1. In one word its an excellent verse, how she compares her life with an earthquake reflects strong personality

    ReplyDelete